Lockhart Honey Farms® is proud to offer our 5-frame nucs directly to our customers - no middle man involved! When you purchase a nuc from us, you will have the opportunity to inspect your nuc upon pickup as well as meet the beekeepers that made this nuc for you!
PLEASE read all of the following important information!
All nuc sales are final. We will NOT offer any refunds for any reason.
*Need more than one nuc? We are offering a 5% discount for 10+ nucs purchased by a single customer. Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order a bulk quantity.*
Our nucs will consist of:
- 2-3 frames of brood
- 1 frame of honey
- 1 frame of foundation for the bees to grow into
- Our bees are Minnesota Hygienic based with a queen bee* that is less than 2 months old
- *The queen bee will be Minnesota Hygienic*
- We are using a plastic nuc box design that will create a much better value to you as the consumer and will be reusable for years to come
Pickup Location: Our facility near Caldwell, Texas. Exact location and time will be sent in your pickup packet.
Pickup Date: Saturday, May 6, 2023
Information About our Bees:
- Mite Treatment
- The nucs are tested for mites and will be below treatment threshold (which is 3 mites per 100 bees) when the nuc is picked up
- We suggest only treating for mites with approved over-the-counter mite treatments when the colony reaches treatment threshold
- Queen Bee
- The queen bee in your nuc was born this year and is standing on her brood
- We do not mark the queen bee because we have noticed more chewing of the queen when she is marked
- We do not sell queen bees individually at this time. We purchase our queen bees from Bordelon Apiaries
- Feeding the Bees
- We suggest feeding your nuc as often as you can until the nuc is working every frame in the bottom box
- We suggest doing a 2:1 sugar-to-water ratio for the feed
- Adding a Super
- We suggest adding the second box once the bees are working every frame in the bottom box
When you purchase a nuc from Lockhart Honey Farms®, you are buying your bees directly from the beekeeper. We only have a limited number of nucs available, so be sure to purchase yours before they're gone!